Vintage stores in Rome

Searching and finding inspiration in the past. My feelings of nostalgia have a strong hold on me and in almost every look I do I introduce vintage pieces – clothing, shoes, accessories.
In the world of fast food, fast fashion and fast everything it is so difficult to find quality and stability.

Looking through old magazines and reading books, watching old movies, photoshoots, fashion shows, I experience emotions that are difficult to explain: a mixture of warmth and sadness of times gone by, childhood and that era, bad memories of which have long ago been obliterated. Or maybe they never existed.
Therefore, visiting the flea markets and vintage shops was a very important part of my trip to Italy.

These vintage sunnies are from 90’s and the blouse (Old Roberto Cavalli collection) – late 80’s.
Jeans and shoes – Zara.
Great variety of vintage clothing you can find at the Monti district (Humana, Pifebo, Blue Goose, King Size Vintage, Pulp, Flamingo, etc.) and at the Flea Markets (Porta Portese – is the biggest one)

1. November 3, 2017 / 3:00 PM

I agree! It is so hard nowadays to find beautiful items that are great quality and also so hard to find pieces that will endure over time. You found amazing pieces in Italy! Love the sunnies and the blouse so much! You’ve styled these pieces perfectly with the Zara finds !

2. November 3, 2017 / 4:23 PM

Great post! I love that jacket, and you look gorgeous! Rome looks amazing.

3. November 3, 2017 / 10:22 PM

Vintage is almost the wrong word for what you have here as there is so much more to a piece of clothing than just “pre-used”. It has a story, a history and just like you said, it might spark old memories, both good and bad and make us long for a world long lost. By using vintage pieces we bring these back alive! 🙂
    Thomas xx

4. Samjah
    November 4, 2017 / 1:46 PM

This entire look has stolen my fashion heart!! Oh my geesh! This top is the cutest top I’ve seen in a long time! I love getting vintage pieces! They are one of a kind and are usually pieces you can hold on to for a lifetime! Classic fashion never dies!

5. November 5, 2017 / 2:52 AM

What a great post. I love vintage anything. Wish I had the resource of vintage shops and the time to shop when I was there in April. Love the blouse.

Xxgracie

snappedbygracie.com

6. November 6, 2017 / 1:09 AM

I’m sad I didn’t have time to go vintage shopping when I was in Italy because my goal was to do as much sight-seeing as possible, but next time I will! This blouse is so chic – you blend right in with your surroundings, I love it!
    xo Samantha

7. November 6, 2017 / 11:16 AM

Hey Darling,
    Love this Vintage Look, the Earrings, Watch just fits so Well with the Entire look:)
    Love Italy:)
    Love Kisses
    Karina
    Happy Monday

8. November 6, 2017 / 7:39 PM

Vintage shopping is so fun! I love trying to find all the hidden treasures in each of the stores. If I’m ever in Rome, I will definitely need to try these places out. I absolutely love the pieces that you are wearing. They look really good on you!

~xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

9. November 8, 2017 / 11:11 PM

Omg! Obsessed with these photos, and I especially LOVE those sunnies. SO trendy and on point. They look great on you! Loving everything here babe!

xo, Samira