What is the dress code, please?

Long time ago, when I started my career in an international company, I dealt with the scary word ‘DRESS CODE’. Every morning I puzzled over what to wear.
Of course, I had a set of shirts, jackets, trousers, skirts, as well as mid heels – an exemplary employee.
I suffered from the need to wear almost the same pieces every day and couldn’t find a comfortable yet chic business outfit.

Clothes have always been a source of self-expression, an instrument through which I can say something to the world, but how I suppose to do it having a poor set of colours and shapes?
However, while working as a stylist, I began to seek a solution to this problem and realized that even within the dress code there is a place for creativity.

As an experiment and inspired by a few outfits, I decided to create a look which will be close to the corporate dress code, but add a drop of my style in it. Like a pleated mini skirt and open sandals. And replace the standard white shirt with an interesting ruffle sleeves tee. In the end, let’s add some pizzazz with this statement and unique necklace.

I am wearing:
Zara basic tee
H&M pleated skirt
Topshop heels
Guess jacket
Michael Kors bag

1. Samjah
    August 17, 2017 / 9:11 PM

This post was needed. A lot of people get stuck on whatto wear to work. I hated my work clothes because they seemed so boring. But an outfit like yours would get me excited to wear business clothes!!

August 21, 2017 / 3:23 PM

Thank you, Sam. Yes, I totally can feel you. I used to hate it to, but now I know that I builded boundaries for myself, cuz even work wardrobe can be flexible 🙂

2. August 18, 2017 / 4:42 PM

Hey Sweetheart
    Ohhh I never had Dress Code Issue but I understand 100% sometimes it can be very uncomfortable…
    Your Elegant look is Amazing and Chic, loved the Skirt sooo much and the Necklace tooo:)
    Happy Weekend
    Love Open Kloset By Karina

August 21, 2017 / 3:24 PM

Thank you very much!

August 22, 2017 / 10:32 AM

Thank you! 🙂

3. August 23, 2017 / 10:25 AM

I am big fan of pleated skirt! They always look fun and stylish! I love how you styled every single piece because it doesn’t look boring at all!

4. August 24, 2017 / 4:06 AM

Definitely not a fan of dress codes because it means restricting our creativity! I’m lucky my workplace doesn’t enforce any specific rules on colour/cut etc.
    To be honest though you styled all these pieces beautifully and I think it’s actually amazing!
    My favourite part of the outfit is definitely those shoes! so gorgeous

Wanderlustts