What to buy in the men’s section

Girls, tell me honestly, who has ever bought clothes for herself in the men’s section?

I can hear your exclamations: “What a nonsense?” “Why must I buy something from the men’s section, when women’s are bursting with assortment?”
I am not going to tell you how to dress like boys, but let’s talk about what kind of pieces should be looked for in the men’s departments to combine them properly and look stylish.

1. White oversize shirt
Fashion always changes: today we wear skinny jeans, tomorrow it’s spacious culottes. This season chiffon skirts with flower prints are trendy, and the next season a patent leather pencil skirt is on the top of fashion. But there are wardrobe essentials every woman should own, because they fit almost everything. A white shirt is one of those things. You can ask why should you buy it in the men’s department, isn’t there a lot of white shirts in the women’s one?
Sure, there are a lot of shirts, but designers are bored to sew classics so more and more often they start to play with the form, creating strange silhouettes and adding strange details.
Men’s shirts, thanks God, are still often of classical shape and large sizes, and oversize is our everything if we talk about style. A few ideas about how to wear white shirts.

White_men's_shirt-Women_outfit

White_men's_shirt-Women_outfit

White_men's_shirt-Women_outfit2. T-shirts
Yep, I’m talking about simple oversized tees, loose enough and without silly prints of cats or flowers, with which women’s collections are full of. Simple high quality t-shirts, which can be combine with everything starting with mini skirts, ending with wide leg trousers.
And again, you are able to take bigger sizes. Do you know what is the oversized clothes main feature? It will make you look tiny and subtle.
P.S. Loose sleeves – another advantage of men’s t-shirts

Oversized_t-shirt-Stylish_women_outfit

Oversized_t-shirt-Stylish_women_outfitOversized_t-shirt-Stylish_women_outfit

3. Sweatshirts
Oversized sweatshirts can be perfectly worn like dresses, you can combine them with boots, sneakers and converse. You can wear them like sweaters with coats, jackets, skirts and pants. Check the outfits below for some inspiration.

Men's_sweatshirt-Women_outfitMen's_sweatshirt-Women_outfit

These 3 things are basics, you can be more creative and buy men’s accessories, bombers, wests and even pants (if they fit you well). Mix of men’s and women’s clothes will add a contrast and helps you to create your own unique style. Don’t be scared to experiment!

1. July 30, 2017 / 12:49 PM

Wow, I’m in love with your blog – the layout, the photography, amazing! These picks are just lovely, I’ll definitely use some of these ideas in the future!

Have an awesome day!
    xx Kris

July 31, 2017 / 12:13 PM

Thank you, dear Kris.

2. July 31, 2017 / 4:16 AM

I was thinking I was the only one who enjoyed shopping the men’s section for new pieces, but I’m glad I’m not! They literally have the best white shirts and sneakers especially!

July 31, 2017 / 12:13 PM

Yes, that is true. Everything is so minimalistic and stylish.

3. August 1, 2017 / 7:06 AM

I’m a HUGE believer in buying clothes from WHATEVER section… whether its women, mens or even children (although very rare to fit into a kids top haha!!). But for me fashion is gender related. I create the style for me using whatever I like and find!! Great post!

August 2, 2017 / 12:32 PM

I am totally agree with you. Fashion is fashion, no matter who are you or how old are you.

4. August 1, 2017 / 1:56 PM

I’ve probably said this before but I do love shopping in the men’s section. I often find myself finding better things and the loose fit is always my go to! So glad I’m able to say I’m not alone in this!!!

August 2, 2017 / 12:33 PM

You are not alone, now I see how many girls actually shop in the men’s departments.

5. Anna
    August 1, 2017 / 6:42 PM

Wow, girl! I love your blog! It is so stylish, your pictures and style is just great! Amazing job, keep going!

August 2, 2017 / 12:33 PM

Thank you, Anna!

6. August 1, 2017 / 6:43 PM

Hey Dear,
    How you?
    Men’s Section always has some great Pieces, I love to check out:) ehhhe
    Your selections are so perfect:)
    Wish you Amazing Day
    Love Open Kloset By Karina

7. August 1, 2017 / 8:25 PM

I have! And I have purchased all three of these styles 🙂 Sometimes the men’s section has simple designs without all the ruffles and extra details. Don’t get me wrong, I love all that, but sometimes I just want simple staple pieces in my wardrobe 🙂

August 2, 2017 / 12:35 PM

Totally agree with you, even if I like to experiment, my style is not feminine at all. I prefer simple and comfortable clothes 🙂

8. August 2, 2017 / 2:20 PM

Yeah most definitely! I love oversized stuff, especially shirts, T-shirts and jeans. I’m also a fan of unisex brands cuz it could be fun to wear similar things as your bf 🙂

9. September 3, 2017 / 3:30 PM

Cool Idea Lana! I love mixing and matching my outfits, but never tried any outfit from men’s section before. Bold move indeed!!!. I don’t know if I’ll be able to pull off this look as smartly as you do, But I am definitely going to try it.. Thanks… You look Gorgeous..