How to get a 90’s style + 5 favourite vintage boutiques

Everyone who knows me well, knows how I love 80s and 90s style. It doesn’t mean that I prefer to dress like one of that Spice Girls, but I truly love faded, washed vintage colors and 80s and 90s silhouettes.

Thanks God, many retailers offer modern, trendy versions of these once-belittled or even forgotten trends nowadays, but what can be better then find a true vintage clothes from 90s and use it in your everyday outfit?
If you don’t want to look like time traveler who have lost, I’d suggest you to wear one vintage item and combine it with modern (even stylized).

For example, look at this early 90s man shirt (maybe even your father used to has one) which I’ve found in one vintage shop on Asos Marketplace. I really love its silhouette and color. I’ve combined it with Celestinoย denim shorts (denim shorts is my summer must have) and Ale shoes + the bag of unknown brand that I bought in one small local shop in Thailand.

Who says you canโ€™t relive the past? ๐Ÿ™‚

Here is the list of my favourite vintage boutiques where you can find real treasures:

1. Lucky girl vintage
  2. Vintage inclined
  3. BasementSix
  4. Old But Gold
  5. Bastet noir

Do you buy and wear vintage (second hand) clothes?

1. Meg
    June 9, 2017 / 2:33 AM

Omg I totally love this look! You have such amazing style. I need to get that shirt AND those shorts! You look gorgeous.

2. June 9, 2017 / 2:56 PM

I love vintage too, though it is harder to find good vintage now days, there used to be so much more around. At least, that is what it feels like in Australia. I find good vintage overseas. I have never bought from the ASOS marketplace, I was always curious about it!
    xx Jenelle

3. June 10, 2017 / 8:22 PM

Hey Darling,
    Hows weekend going?
    Love Vintage style too:)
    I have some favorite store where I can but my vintage Pieces:)
    The Shirt is Beautiful:) Very Unique one:)
    Love Open Kloset By Karina
    Kisses

4. June 11, 2017 / 6:57 PM

You look amazing in vintage clothes, I love your outfit babe. It’s true, sometimes I go through my mom’s closet and find clothes that I would definitely wear.

Xo,
    Gabriela Vera

5. June 12, 2017 / 12:54 PM

I loved this look and all of your tips. I need to check these boutiques

6. June 14, 2017 / 1:53 AM

80’s and 90’s fashion are making such a huge comeback, so this post is just perfect! Love your idea of combining one vintage item with another modern look to balance out the look. Keeps it fresh, relevant, yet still on trend ๐Ÿ™‚ You style this 90’s shirt beautifully. And thank you for so many great suggestions on where to go vintage shopping. I had no idea, but now have so many options thanks to you! ๐Ÿ™‚

xo Soo | http://www.BrownEyedToast.com

7. June 14, 2017 / 9:52 PM

Ahh babe first of all I gotta say you look GORGEOUS. I love that you went with the vintage vibe because I can totally see you rocking this look in the 80s. I can imagine the photos in black and white and you would slay this style as if you were in the 80s yourself hehe!
    yMy favourite from the whole outfit is your top. it looks so comfortable and silky and the way you tied it to look cropped just makes it SO cute. The bag has such a nice retro vibe about it, it really just pulls together the whole look doesn’t it?

Wanderlustts

8. June 20, 2017 / 7:16 PM

As someone who grew up in the 90s there’s a huge amount of nostalgia in it trending again and I wouldn’t mind looking like one of the Spice Girls’ wearing platforms and cute tops, haha. Or well, that would turn a head or two for sure… ๐Ÿ™‚ I do however love what you’re wearing and I’ll try do dive into my wardrobe to see if there are any gems in there left from the 90s as your amazing look inspired me! ๐Ÿ™‚
    xoxo